Sunday, April 15, 2012

We LOVE Slime!!

Pin It
We had so much fun in daycare today! We made slime. I have found this amazing home daycare blog, babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, oh my! Lately when I am not sure where I am going with our curriculum, I have just been hitting her blog up and finding fun ideas for the kids to do. Last night I decided we were going to make slime... and I had all of the ingredients. I have done this with my students in school before, but I would have to say- my daycare kids had a lot more fun with our homemade slime then my 5th or 6th graders did! :) 

He was so proud.. this is the first thing he did with it when he got it! 

1. Mix two cups of water with 4 tablespoons of Borax in one bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of white glue with 2 cups of warm water. Add food coloring if you want. 
3. SLOWLY!!!! VERY SLOWLY, add the borax mixture into the glue mixture. 
4. Mix with your hands and as you feel it harden, you will see your nice mix of slime! 
5. You will not use all of either bowl. You will be able to pull the slime from the bowl and discard the rest. 
6. This made more than enough for 6 people to play with! And play we did!! 

Brothers/Daddies with their boys! 

The kids had so much fun. I wish I could share all pictures with you, but I do not have permission from my families to put their kids on the blog... this my blogging friends is the reason you only see my son, normally, in the pictures I post. 

Handprints

They started by making handprints.. and they did this on their own, but then asked for help from us. So we obliged. They had a good 15 minutes of fun making SNAKES out of the slime. ALL of the kiddos at the table were making snake after snake, after snake! It was so fun. 

"Look at my bracelet"

They made bracelets. They loved them. Of course they do not hold too long because they start to 'melt' if you will and fall off of their arm. Luckily we had too much going on and to much to do for any of the kids to have a breakdown over their dripping bracelets. 

"Mom, eye!"

After we finished playing with our slime we put it in a zip lock baggy, sealed tight. Per the above mentioned blog, it will keep for a week or two. I guarantee we will enjoy it while it lasts. 

We had so much fun. I am so glad that we decided to do this. The kids were very into it, very well behaved, and very excited to show all of us their fun creations!! 

Thanks for reading!
Big Sis



Pin It