Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July Wreath and Dessert

Pin It
Happy 4th of July! 


So last year for 4th of July I made this O-So-Adorable Wreath to hang on my door! I absolutely loved this little thing, and just wanted to share it as a little inspiration with you this year! 

It seriously only cost me 4 dollars---but that was also because I already had ribbon and scrap-booking paper. 

All I did was go to the Dollar Tree where I bought a mini styrofoam wreath form for $1 then I bought three packs of red hots $3.  What a deal right. Then you just hot glue red hots all over the wreath, and cover it with mod-podge.  Really though I think a clear sealant spray would have worked better because it wasn't that great brushing it over the candy. 
Then you make the little banner from scrap-book paper and yarn and glue that on.  The rocket is made out of a toilet paper roll covered in paper.  Then you just glue the ribbon to the bottom! 

The wreath made me happy every time I saw it, and it held up so well! 




--Sorry I took this photos with my phone for some weird reason so they are really poor quality! 
-Little Sis

-------------------------

Celebrating Independence Day is such a wonderful time of year... and is near one of my favorite holidays. I especially love getting together with other families and celebrating this freedom that we are so blessed to have. One of my favorite parts of getting together with friends is the cooking. We love a good BBQ at my house. However, my job is always the sides and desserts. This year I am trying a new dessert that will help us remember why we are celebrating this awesome day. 

So, today I would like to share with you the recipe that I tried. I made individual cheesecakes with chocolate graham cracker bottoms and turned them into an American Flag. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to spend a little more time to make the strawberries a little more even and the same size.... but I didn't realize how they were so different in sizes until I took the pictures! :) 

Cheesecake Ingredients:
3 packages of cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
1 cup of sugar
16 oz of sour cream
1 tsp of vanilla

Directions:
Beat them together. 
*I put all of these ingredients in my Bosch Mixer from Nutrition Lifestyles and let it go. It mixed quickly and smoothly.*



After I had all of the cheese cake mixture together, I needed to make my crust. My initial plan was to have each individual cheesecake with a full crust, but I realized that was going to be much too hard. So, instead I just put the crust in the bottom of each individual cheesecake. 

Crust Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of Graham Crackers (in which I used chocolate)
4 tbsp. of sugar
4 tbsp. of butter
MIX


Once I had them together I washed my fruit. I used blueberries and strawberries... then I aligned them on the cheesecakes to create a flag. 


I think this is really adorable! Very patriotic!! 


Happy 4th of July! 

I hope you enjoyed this dessert as much as I enjoyed making it! 

Oh, and it is yummy... we had plenty of extra cheesecakes for our friends to taste! :)


Pin It