Thursday, March 7, 2013

Homemade Swiffer Sweeper!

Pin It


So....this is one of my favorite posts from over a year or two ago. It has been very popular and one of our most viewed posts even now days.  So now that we are at our new website I wanted to share it with you all again!


SIDENOTE: I love my Homemade Swiffer Covers, and I still use them to this very day! (the same ones) I use them, wash them, and reuse them!! See it really does save money!


One of the first things I have done is going to be very helpful around my home.  This past year I purchased my first Swiffer Sweeper...it isn't a fancy one, but just a plain ol' Swiffer Sweeper, and I love it! So the way I clean my floors is I use a regular broom, then my wet rags attached to my Swiffer Sweeper.  I love the idea of the dry towels that Swiffer sells, but I don't want to spend the money on both the wet and dry ones.  I have noticed though that after sweeping my floors there is always residue around that could easily be gotten up with a dry cloth.  So, I decided to make my own.


Here's what I used:

-Old Towel

-Scissors

-Tape Measure

-Sewing Machine

-Your Swiffer Sweeper (for measuring)


Sounds simple huh!

Well it was! You can definitely make one of these in just a few simple steps, it only took about 15minutes once I figured out all of the measurements.



This little guy wanted to join me! Isn't he so cute!



Here are the three pieces I cut:

Long piece: 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches

Small pieces: 5 1/2 inches x 3 inches


Sew the two small pieces to the ends of the long piece, leaving the openings facing each other, and you got it.  You have to make sure not to add width to your small pieces or it will not slide on.


Doesn't it look great! And even if it doesn't, it was made from an old towel and will be cleaning your floors! ha so it doesn't have to be beautiful or perfect!


I will be using mine very soon.




I went ahead and made two so that I could have another while one was being washed!


So definitely try this, it will help out when cleaning your floors, and save you money.

I believe you could even use this as a broom itself if you commonly clean your floors.


Let me know if you try it out!

Be sure to FOLLOW OUR NEW BLOG! 




Pin It